Jesus calls all of His followers to share their faith, spread the Gospel, and make disciples!
Here are a few ideas to help you make an eternal impact for the Kingdom of God:
– Send someone a card in the mail, let them know you are thinking about them and praying for them.
– Host a games night at your house, invite both Christian and non-Christian friends over to help build relationships.
– Send an e-mail to someone you know who needs to be built up and encouraged by the love of Jesus.
– Does your family know how you became a Christian? Share your testimony with one another.
– Invite a neighbour over for supper and get to know them better.
– Go for a walk/drive around your neighbourhood and pray for God to open doors for you to share your faith.
– Ask someone if they’ve ever read the Bible before. If they say “yes”, then ask what they thought about it. If they say “no”, then ask if they are interested in it at all.
– Offer to buy lunch for a co-worker or classmate who you don’t normally eat with. Get to know them better!
– Whatever you do or say this week, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father (Colossians 3:17).
– Invite someone to attend a Bible study or small group with you.
– Ask someone what they believe in, and really listen to what they have to say.
– Look for an opportunity to speak God’s Word over a situation a friend is going through. For example, if they are feeling stressed, share a Scripture like Philippians 4:6-7.
– Write a letter – an actual, snail-mail letter – to someone who you’ve lost touch with. Let them know that you’re thinking about them and praying for them.
– Get together with someone you don’t normally get together with. Grow in relationship with a neighbour, co-worker, or classmate.
– When you hear of someone facing a struggle, don’t just tell them that you’ll pray for them, but pray with them right away – in person!
– Strive for excellence and integrity in your work. Whenever you can, make it clear that you do this as an act of worship to God.
– Host a hot dog/marshmallow roast and invite your neighbours.
– Invite a co-worker (and their family, if applicable) over for a barbeque.
– Buy a Bible for someone you know who doesn’t own one.
– As you read the Bible this week, post some of your reflections and thoughts about what you read on social media.
– If you have kids, write a short note of encouragement to them and leave it somewhere for them to find.
– If you plan to attend any camp services this summer, invite someone to join you.
– Take the initiative of planning a neighbourhood get-together.
– Make supper for one of your neighbour’s this week and deliver the meal to them.
– Talk with someone who isn’t a part of a church about the difference that your church makes in your life.
– Share your faith with your family. Find an evening to gather together and talk about what God is doing in your life lately.
– Show someone the video at this link: somethingamazing.net/god and ask what they think about it.
– Show someone the video at this link: somethingamazing.net/value and have a conversation with them about what they think about it.
– Show someone this short video: somethingamazing.net/then-what and then ask what they believe happens after life on this earth.
– Show someone this short video: somethingamazing.net/why and engage them in a discussion about why they think God allows bad things to happen.
– Show someone this short video: somethingamazing.net/relationships and take the opportunity to talk about imperfect relationships, and the one perfect relationship you’ve found with Jesus.
– Send someone a Facebook message. Share with them what God is doing in your life, offer to pray for them, or do whatever you can to initiate a discussion with them about Jesus.
– When talking about your week with someone, intentionally give God credit for ways He has blessed you, and ways you are trusting Him in difficult circumstances.
– Visit someone who is sick and pray for them.
– Invite someone to church.